Who are we?
Passionate about food? Fascinated by robots? Join Karakuri.
We are a friendly, creative and well-funded startup building robots for the restaurant and food industries and we’re having a lot of fun along the way. Our teams work across robotics, mechatronics, software and down into embedded systems.
What will you do?
As the Senior Project Manager, you’ll be responsible for the overall project management and successful delivery of food robotic products.
You will have key responsibility for managing the full project lifecycle from initial planning and estimation through ongoing tracking and reporting to successful delivery.
You’ll be accountable for:
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time and to an agreed level of functionality and quality.
- Assembling project teams from within the CTO function to deliver projects.
- Estimating and scheduling tasks to keep the project on schedule.
- Provide planning support to Engineering to understand and optimise timelines, resource requirements and specification.
- Risk management - identifying, quantifying and tracking existing and emerging risks to a project. Help Engineering and stakeholders manage and mitigate these risks.
- Managing a small number of projects concurrently which will include both core product offerings and R&D focussed activities
- Identify and resolve resource conflicts that arise between projects.
- Conveying the essence of complex engineering tasks and status succinctly to a varied audience and range of seniority.
- Understanding and coordinating the dependencies between work packages in different engineering disciplines such as software, electronics and mechanical design.
What we need you to have:
- 2+ years of project management experience.
- Strong technical/engineering understanding.
- Good understanding of modern "agile" development practices and how these can be effectively applied to a wide technology set.
- Understanding of differing development practices within engineering disciplines (e.g.agile in software vs waterfall in mechanical & electronics) and how to coordinate these to deliver projects on schedule.
- Working in an early stage product development or start-up environment.
- Flexible "agile" approach, able to plan through periods of change.
- Enthusiasm, passion and energy.
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Any hardware knowledge is beneficial, as is familiarity with supply-chain, manufacturing and approvals.
- Appreciation of low-level and embedded software and the different project challenges relative to Cloud software models.
- Project Management qualification (PMP / PRINCE II)
As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks:
- Good contributory pension
- Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly social events!
- And of course, you’ll get to play with our robots...