Who are we?
Passionate about food? Fascinated by robots? Join Karakuri.
We are a friendly, creative and well-funded startup building robots for the restaurant and food industries and we’re having a lot of fun along the way. Our teams work across robotics, mechatronics, software and down into embedded systems.
What will you do?
As the Data Scientist, you’ll play a crucial part in improving and predicting the performance of our robots by efficiently and proactively identifying their faults, as well as supporting the development of model simulations and machine learning systems for current and future robots.
You will be reporting into the Machine Learning Lead and work closely with members of the New Product Development and Software Teams.
You’ll be accountable for:
- Providing high-quality data analysis of operational time-series data to reveal insights and identify trends and anomalies
- Working with software engineers to implement and maintain data collection and extraction pipelines
- Taking a leading role in the development and implementation of interactive real-time data visualisation systems/dashboards to be made available across the company, working with the software department to source data as required
- Data wrangling and data visualisation
- Supporting the design, training, and testing of traditional and deep learning models
- Using their combined knowledge of computer science, modelling, statistics and analytics to support the development of Digital Twin models
- Collaborating with team members on developing systems from prototyping to production level
- Learning and adapting machine behaviour from data in close-to-real time systems
What we need you to have:
- A Master’s Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Computer Science
- 1+ years of relevant industry experience relating to data analysis and data visualisation
- Excellent programming skills in Python, R or SQL
- Experience with Python libraries including pandas, matplotlib
- Experience with cloud platforms including GCP or AWS
- Knowledge of postgreSQL
- Interest in machine learning
As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks:
- Good contributory pension
- Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
- Cycle to work scheme
- Monthly social events!
- And of course, you’ll get to play with our robots...